A Note From The President
In the past year there have been five Board of Directors Meetings and five Membership meetings. In these meetings the Board of Directors, with the direction of the Membership, shape the events taking place during the coming year.
The Walker Community Action Alliance has had an eventful year. Contributions were received from the entire community that supported the following programs:
· Chip & Haul fund
· Christmas Angel fund
· Fire Fighter, EMT and Paramedic fund
· Koats for Kidz fund
· Winter Coat program that provides winter coats and funds Thanksgiving dinner for the needy
· Yavapai Food Neighbors Project; provides a steady stream of food to local food banks
The following events, and fund raising events, took place in 2015:
· Winter Coat Drive & Koats for Kidz which is active from April to October
· Yavapai Food Neighbors Project which is active throughout the year
· Historic Walker Quad Ride in May
· Presentation of a Flag to the WFPA in May
· Presentation of an oxygen bottle to the WFPA Paramedics and EMTs in May
· Sundae Saturday in July, August and September
· Fifth anniversary of WCAA’s approval as an Arizona non-profit
· FireWise day in conjunction with the September Sundae Saturday
· Fire Fighter Thank You Brunch in July
· Fall Chili Fest in October
· Holiday Bazaar in November
· Celebrated the fifth anniversary of approval as a Firewise/USA® community
The highlights of these events will discussed in detail in the articles that follow.
If you would like to join the Walker Community Action Alliance you may do so by going to http://www.walkercaa.org/RegistrationRequest.html or by attending one of our membership meetings 1/9, 3/12, 5/16, 7/9 or 9/10 at 11:30AM at the Firehouse, and asking to join.
A Happy New Year to All!